Ingredients for Flax Flour Flax seed Grace of Herb Telba is a healthy and refreshingly creamy beverage. Be careful how much you drink, though. Telba is a mild laxative. 4 to 6 servings Ingredients
- Flaxseed -- 1 cup
- Water -- 6 cups
- Honey -- 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over low heat. Add the flaxseed and dry roast it in the skillet, stirring, for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the toasted flaxseed in a spice grinder and grind to a powder. Sift through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Add the water to the flaxseed, stir and let set for about 10-20 minutes to allow solids to settle out.
- Strain into a pitcher, add honey and chill before serving.
Variations Telba Firfit: Mix telba with broken up pieces of injera bread and heat. Serve as a sidedish. Toasted, unhulled barley and sunflower seeds are sometimes added to telba for courtesy : www.whats4eats.com
Get shipment cost advantage through mass order! Standard International Shipping is normally expensive for the first 1 kg (2.2 lb) and will be much lower for the next each ½ kg (1.1 lb). For example for USA by 51%, Zambia 69%, Australia 50%, Canada 52%, Germany 74%, Great Britain 67%, Israel 76%, Netherlands 66%, Norway 71% and etc. For more information, please check Standard International Shipping (large volume order) for your country from Shipment and Handling fee by Country. Net and shipment weight for each item is available at the bottom of the page under "Product Details" section.